But my family, as a social and economic unit, cannot operate forever in the framework authorities envision for the fall. There are so many ways that the situation we’ve been thrust into, in which businesses are planning to reopen without any conversation about the repercussions on families with school-age children, is even more untenable for others.
The age of agency
Justin O’Brien, chair of Surrey Business School, sees online sales as a clear and present danger to bricks and mortar retail. “Dealers selling new cars are very quickly going to be a done deal,” he says.
O’Brien points to Volkswagen, which in May announced it was transitioning sales of its all-electric ID marque to a direct-to-customer agency model. Customers will choose their preferred dealer/agent at the outset, which will organise the test drives, process the transaction and arrange the handover. The dealer does not sell the vehicle, however, as the price is set by Volkswagen. The
- New Balance debuted a new YouTube docuseries called “Football’s Next Wave,” which celebrates soccer players who exceeded the odds and became world-class players through non-traditional paths, per a press release shared with Marketing Dive.
- The three-part series highlights the subcultures surrounding the game from grassroots football in the U.K. to the emerging soccer scene in Atlanta and the Japanese soccer community which merges Eastern and Western cultures.
- By celebrating these trailblazers who broke the traditional rules to succeed, the brand aims to position itself as the brand of “the unconventional,” the release said. The campaign was created in
- Lululemon on Monday announced a definitive agreement to acquire at-home fitness company Mirror for $500 million. Mirror will operate as a standalone company within Lululemon, with Brynn Putnam staying on as its CEO, according to a company press release.
- The athletic retailer said it will pay for Mirror with “over $800 million in cash, its existing $400 million revolving credit facility, and a new one-year, $300 million revolving credit facility.”
- Lululemon last year joined a $34 million investment round into the startup, which was founded in 2018. Lululemon’s “Global Ambassadors” began contributing “sweat and meditation classes to